Exhibit Annual School Art Show 2021
May 1 - May 29Free
Mistasinihk Place Gallery, La Ronge
Following established tradition, the La Ronge Arts Council is once again planning the Annual School Art Show for MAY, 2021. All students from all of the Tri-Community elementary and high schools are eligible to display their work in this exhibit. Submitted work will be hung in ‘the Gallery’ at Mistasinihk Place for the entire month of May.
Each participating school will be responsible for its own submissions, preparation for hanging, labeling and the actual hanging and takedown of the artworks. Ideally, a staff member at each school will act as a coordinator for this show. Pretty well anything goes…..two dimensional or three dimensional artwork in any medium, with the following guidelines:
- Work must be original. No copies, kits, patterns, colouring pages, etc.
- Individual students are limited to 1 piece each.
- Please do not submit work that is fragile and won’t stand up to traveling, handling, and hanging. (dry leaves, noodles, etc.)
- 2-dimensional pieces should be mounted on construction paper or another background to provide a pleasing presentation. (Keep in mind that pieces shouldn’t be too heavy as we use Sticky-tack to attach artworks to the wall!)
- For 3-dimensional artworks: We have limited space in 3 of the acrylic display cases in Mistasinihk Place for exhibiting small pieces. If you plan to submit pottery or other 3-D work, please let us know in advance so we can allocate space.
- All pieces must be clearly labelled (label provided on attached sheet.)
- Pieces must be delivered to Mistasinihk Place at a prearranged time for hanging. School representatives must hang their own work with the assistance of La Ronge Arts Council members. (On or around May 1, after school).
- School representatives will takedown the show at a prearranged time at the end of the month and return the work to their schools.
A Scavenger Hunt Sheet will be prepared and available to all schools and the general public, which will show a portion of several of the artworks. Hunters will be asked to identify the work and the artist to complete the scavenger hunt.
There will be no prizes for or judging of the artworks.
Please provide Lori Ulrikesen with the name of your school’s contact person/coordinator for this show. For more information, and to share your school’s contact person, please contact Lori Ulriksen at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at GDCS 306-425-2997 or text her personal cell 306-425-7045.